It’s Sunday, and you know what means: time for another six sentence snippet! This week’s selection comes from “The Magic Council,” free for download January 7-11, 2o13. I wonder what this “operation” is all about…. And what a bear has to do with it?
Vane, Bendelof, and Hayden had the task of taking down the bear, which was roaming around somewhere and could threaten the entire operation. A shame they had to kill the thing, but there was no way around it. Vane wanted to freeze it magically, to do it no permanent damage, but Gratton ruthlessly revealed the flaws of that suggestion. “Use your head, boy! Suppose Dorane or Arbora shows up and unfreezes the thing? What do you give a damn about Ursa’s animal for?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things G.K. Chesterton Taught Me About Writing (Part 1)
- Creative Writing Tip: How to Humanize a Villain
- A Characterization Case Study: Jean Valjean and Javert from "Les Misérables"
- On Idioms and Other Repeated Phrases in Fiction
- What Makes A Plot Boring? How Can An Author Avoid Boring Her Readers?
- Connecting Subplots with Each Other and the Main Story Arc: How Can This Work?
- AUTHORS: Four Reasons We Sometimes Write (Too) Slowly
- The Fantasy Bromance
- First Person Narration: Is it like Dialogue?
- How to craft a "reluctant hero" for any genre: what to watch out for
The Crimson League
- Follow @vgrefer
- 302,211 hits