It’s Sunday, and you know what means: time for another six sentence snippet! This week’s selection comes from “The Magic Council,” free for download January 7-11, 2o13. I wonder what this “operation” is all about…. And what a bear has to do with it?
Vane, Bendelof, and Hayden had the task of taking down the bear, which was roaming around somewhere and could threaten the entire operation. A shame they had to kill the thing, but there was no way around it. Vane wanted to freeze it magically, to do it no permanent damage, but Gratton ruthlessly revealed the flaws of that suggestion. “Use your head, boy! Suppose Dorane or Arbora shows up and unfreezes the thing? What do you give a damn about Ursa’s animal for?
Top Posts & Pages
- First Person Narration: Is it like Dialogue?
- Connecting Subplots with Each Other and the Main Story Arc: How Can This Work?
- A Characterization Case Study: Jean Valjean and Javert from "Les Misérables"
- Characters and Masks: Questions to Consider Before "Masking" A Character
- Why "Don Quixote" Teaches Us to Think Outside the Narration Box
- Contact Us
- 10 Things G.K. Chesterton Taught Me About Writing (Part 1)
- Creative Writing Reflection: On Villains (well, Antagonists) and Vengeance
- Creative Writing Tip: Factors that Affect Dialogue
- Ask This Before You Make An Unlikeable Character Your Point of View Character
The Crimson League
- XLI. How truly late I've loved you, faithful God! #desertsonnet #conversion #prayer desertsonnets.com/2017/05/07/xli… 9 months ago
- 299,402 hits