It’s Sunday, and you know what means: time for another six sentence snippet! This week’s selection comes from “The Magic Council,” free for download January 7-11, 2o13. I wonder what this “operation” is all about…. And what a bear has to do with it?
Vane, Bendelof, and Hayden had the task of taking down the bear, which was roaming around somewhere and could threaten the entire operation. A shame they had to kill the thing, but there was no way around it. Vane wanted to freeze it magically, to do it no permanent damage, but Gratton ruthlessly revealed the flaws of that suggestion. “Use your head, boy! Suppose Dorane or Arbora shows up and unfreezes the thing? What do you give a damn about Ursa’s animal for?
Top Posts & Pages
- Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and Two Kinds of Suspense All Authors Should Be Aware Of
- "Write Every Day," They Say: Does Editing Count?
- Heroes Misjudged: On Public Perception and Your Heroic Character
- Organizing Your Writing: One Way to Use Excel to Break Your Story Down
- Emotion and Characterization in Fiction: Fear as a Motivator
The Crimson League
- XLI. How truly late I've loved you, faithful God! #desertsonnet #conversion #prayer desertsonnets.com/2017/05/07/xli… 3 months ago
- 291,655 hits