How do you know you’re a writer? Well, first of all, you sit down and write, more or less on a daily basis. Apart from that, if you’re anything like me, you find yourself thinking things like:
- How did I let this happen again? I know that every time I put those two in the same room they fall more in love and there’s no way they can have a future. WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS?
- I can’t believe I dreamed that I killed [an actual person I don’t like] using magic like my sorcerers have. Wow. And it exactly followed that death in my book…. Why did the dream have to do that? If it had been different than something I’ve written before, I could have used it somehow in a later novel!
- Hahahahaha…. Let’s see the little weasel get out of that! Stupid, egomaniacal son of a…. (ten minutes later) SON OF A B@#$#! How did he think to do that? I am NOT comfortable having people like that in my head….
- How can I avoid killing this person? I’d really like not to. I know he’s not real but I like him a lot, and I want to see him end up with the princess somehow. But I don’t see a way around it! DANG IT!
- Well, that could work. And then in the next scene I could…. SHOOT! What just happened on my favorite show? Why can’t I pay attention?
- I would rather be writing right now. I would so much rather be writing….