If you enjoy the blog here, or just want some material to get you thinking about, questioning, and improving your writing process, this book is a must read.
The kindle version is on sale for early birds: this week only, it’s available for $2.99. Regular list price is $4.99, so make sure you take advantage of the deal and let others know about it.
Paperback will be available on amazon.com for $7.99 very, very soon. If you prefer a book to hold in hand and don’t want to wait, you can order directly from the publisher here. Enter discount code 848EH54C for $1 off the list price.
Some important facts about the book:
- There is material for new and experienced authors alike.
- It’s NOT just for fantasy writers, though I happen to write fantasy.
- It focuses just as much on overcoming doubts, fears, and your inner editor as it does on writing mechanics.
- It draws examples from the classics and the standards, including “Gone with the Wind,” “Harry Potter,” “Pride and Prejudice,” “Don Quixote,” “The Lord of the Rings,” and Charles Dickens.
- It doesn’t say “how” to write; rather, it describes the way I write, and that style’s benefits and drawbacks, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of other processes.
- Whether you love or loathe outlines, prefer a simple style or aspire to be the second coming of William Faulkner, this book has something to say to you.
Please check it out! Your suggestions influenced the content to no small degree: it exists because of and for you guys! I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions about all the new material: stuff you can’t find on the blog.
AND DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE LEGENDS OF WINDEMERE!
Today is a day of excellent releases!!!! Tomorrow, I’ll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging program, talking about creative writing, marketing fiction, and blogging, but for now, I’m taking part in a blog blitz for the Legends of Windemere series by Charles Yallowitz.
LEGENDS OF WINDEMERE: THE PRODIGY OF RAINBOW TOWER
The action-packed, humor-filled, dramatic sequel to ‘Legends of Windemere: Beginning of a Hero’.
Battling through a demonic assassin and an army of monsters, Luke Callindor has survived his time at Hamilton Military Academy. Now, Luke and his friends must leave the safety of the academy to escort Duke Solomon’s heir down the L’dandrin River and into the safety of the city of Gods’ Voice. Joining them for this journey is Nyx, a powerful caster apprentice of Rainbow Tower. With her talent for combat magic and her short temper, Nyx will prove to be a challenge for Luke and all of their enemies.
Who will survive the harrowing trip down the L’dandrin River? And, who will be the one to break Luke’s trust?
You can learn about this book, book 2 in Charles’s series, at goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18171173-prodigy-of-rainbow-tower
Legends of Windemere: Beginning of a Hero:
Since “Prodigy of Rainbow Tower” is book two in the series, you might be interested in book one, “Beginning of a Hero” as well (if you haven’t read it yet. It’s only .99 cents on kindle at http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Hero-Legends-Windemere-ebook/dp/B00BL9GBU2/