I follow a number of awesome blogs by fellow writers. Here are some posts I found particularly inspiring, well-written, and helpful.
- Outlining: Premise by Kim Cox. I like this post because the process Kim suggests to get started with a new novel is so different from what I do.
- How to Write a Novel (in 10 easy steps) by Michelle Proulx. In contrast to Kim Cox, I like this post because the process Michelle describes is so similar to mine!
- The Best Writing Advice I’ll Ever Give You by Christian Mihai. A great take on writing with abandon!
- Writing Exercise by Novel Novice. A fun take on active vs. passive voice to consider.
- A Fear of Sea Monsters by Raewyn Hewitt. A fantastic look at character development and the quirks that make them human.
Also, here’s a list to the posts that I’ve written that I consider my favorites: maybe the process of writing it helped me work through an issue in my fiction, maybe I was excited by its good reception, or maybe I just had fun with it! Anyway, here are the links by title, in no particular order.
- Ten Things About Life and Literature I Learned from Reading Harry Potter
- Managing Each Minute: Making the Most of Your Writing Time
- Where Real Magic Exists
- Why Write About Magic?
- Why Writers Must Be Readers